advise on exhaust mod drag star

petercnm
This post is 5165 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone,

another question again from here in belgium...

I found these nice slash cut end pieces for the stock exhaust on the dragstar 650. https://www.polo-motorrad.de/de/k-02-endstuck-slashcut-rechts.html.

Now my question is, how does these attach, and does that mean the end damper of the stock exhaust has to be removed?

I want besides the looks a bit bigger sound, but not too loud. first idea was to drill few holes through the end plate, as i read here has a good effect. But with these slash cut's, does it mean the end plate ot the stock exhaust has to go?

Anybody experience with this?

thanks a lot

Peter

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Peter,

OK, my German isn't amazing, so I'm guessing what these are by the price.

It sounds like these are just the silencers, or 'end dampers', as you call them.

If this is true, then you will have to take your existing dampers off and replace with these.

You may then have to change the carburettor jets to compensate.

Or, if they are literally just end-pieces then I expect you will have to cut and modify your existing dampers/silencers.

I would recommend just experimenting with drilling holes in the back plate. It costs nothing and you can start with just one or two holes and stop when you reach the sound you like.

Hi Peter,

OK, my German isn't amazing, so I'm guessing what these are by the price.

It sounds like these are just the silencers, or 'end dampers', as you call them.

If this is true, then you will have to take your existing dampers off and replace with these.

You may then have to change the carburettor jets to compensate.

Or, if they are literally just end-pieces then I expect you will have to cut and modify your existing dampers/silencers.

I would recommend just experimenting with drilling holes in the back plate. It costs nothing and you can start with just one or two holes and stop when you reach the sound you like.

Spacehunter,

thanks for the reply. I drilled 2 holes in both exhausts, and yes, sounds a lot better :)

I also drove to the POLO shop yesterday, and the end pieces are for a different exhaust then the drag star stock..small error on the website, because i searched for drag star specific items, and got these...

so for now i'm happy with the drilled exhaust. If i find the money for it, maybe try the vance & haynes.....

thanks

Peter

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online