r125 soft front suspension

spo
This post is 5173 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All, does anyone else out there find there front forks really soft? I have recently bought brand new r125 for cheap mpg and to get back into bikes and the forks seem very soft, makes it heavy on the wrists after a while, owned an Rg125 and a Cagiva Mito years ago, new 125's just dont compare!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nice Link, sparked a few thoughts! could be taken as a bit hormonal looking for "newbies" who dont introduce themselves properly. but anyway!

My name is Spo and Im not trying to tap people up for free info or planning on being a one hit wonder, though I do see the points that some people have made, Im currently trying to collate information about the R125 before approaching Yamaha with a few possible problems eg a percentage of bikes seem to have very soft front suspension (espcially on the compression stroke of the fork) and also theres a lot of feedback on the net about the R125's suffering a so called death wobble/tank slap from time to time, I have met one person who wrote his bike off when his R125 went into wobble for no reason and several people who's bikes have gone into death wobble whilst doing no handies.I had this same problem when I briefly tried adjusting my gloves at about 40mph, from my past experiences on bikes including a short stint racing a Mito I have never had tank slap as bad as this before and wont be taking both hands off the bars again. So in the long run Im hoping I can help or at least bring peoples attention to a possible problem.

hope people will read and share any stories similar to the above to build a better picture.

Thanks, Spo

Hey Spo. There is an R125 Specific forum floating around the net (I won't post a link, as it's not fair to the YOC :))

Nice Link, sparked a few thoughts! could be taken as a bit hormonal looking for "newbies" who dont introduce themselves properly. but anyway!

My name is Spo and Im not trying to tap people up for free info or planning on being a one hit wonder, though I do see the points that some people have made, Im currently trying to collate information about the R125 before approaching Yamaha with a few possible problems eg a percentage of bikes seem to have very soft front suspension (espcially on the compression stroke of the fork) and also theres a lot of feedback on the net about the R125's suffering a so called death wobble/tank slap from time to time, I have met one person who wrote his bike off when his R125 went into wobble for no reason and several people who's bikes have gone into death wobble whilst doing no handies.I had this same problem when I briefly tried adjusting my gloves at about 40mph, from my past experiences on bikes including a short stint racing a Mito I have never had tank slap as bad as this before and wont be taking both hands off the bars again. So in the long run Im hoping I can help or at least bring peoples attention to a possible problem.

hope people will read and share any stories similar to the above to build a better picture.

Thanks, Spo

Welcome Spo.

Apologies if i came across a little blunt, there has been alot of one post wonders recently and it gets slightly irritating after a while.

Your plight is a good one though, and i agree it should be brought to Yamaha's attention if the problem is as common as you suggest. But be prepared for the "you should take the bike to a Yamaha dealer and have it examined" line from them. Maybe if you had a petition type of thing with names of riders/owners who have suffered this problem you may get a better response, just a thought.

I can't add any stories or the like with never having ridden or owned a R125. Also I don't think there are that many R125 riders on the forum at present, but any i see i will point in the direction of this thread for you.

You could also post on these two forums if you haven't already.

http://www.125ccspor...dex.php?act=idx

http://www.bikechatforums.com/

( I don't see posting links to other forums to be a bad thing in this instance, as it may make someone aware of a potential problem and maybe prevent an accident)

Good luck with your mission/goal.

Vez.

Welcome Spo.

Apologies if i came across a little blunt,  there has been alot of  one post wonders recently and it gets slightly irritating after a while.

Your plight is a good one though, and i agree it should be brought to Yamaha's attention if the problem is as common as you suggest. But be prepared for the "you should take the bike to a Yamaha dealer and have it examined" line from them.  Maybe if you had a petition type of thing with names of riders/owners who have suffered this problem you may get a better response, just a thought.

I can't add any stories or the like with never having ridden or owned a R125. Also I don't think there are that many R125 riders on the forum at present, but any i see i will point in the direction of this thread for you.

You could also post on these two forums if you haven't already.

http://www.125ccspor...dex.php?act=idx

http://www.bikechatforums.com/

( I don't see posting links to other forums to be a bad thing in this instance, as it may make someone aware of a potential problem and maybe prevent an accident)

Good luck with your mission/goal.

Vez.

No worries mate sometimes blunt is best. Cheers for the links, yeah your right about yamaha's get it checked line and the petition is a good idea i think if i can generate enough response to determine if these are wide ranging issues or just isolated cases i may go down that line.

Thanks again, the mission goes on! Spo

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online