XS400 Breather for Pods

Ebola Monkey
This post is 5059 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. For whatever reason I've been having trouble posting. Now I can't use the messaging system on YOC. Apparently I've had my permissions removed??

Anyway...

I used a tiny K&N filter (62-2480) for my crankcase breather. They use to be under $10 from autozone, but I just checked and it comes up as $22 now. I've had this one laying around for years. I attached it to a 45° 1/2" copper street elbow. With the smaller end in the filter, the larger end fits loosely over the breather vent. I put a couple o-rings over the vent. I believe they were 9/16" x 3/32", but I'm not positive. I put 1 between the 2 rings on the breather vent, and 1 above the top one. Then just slid the elbow over them. It's plenty snug, and haven't had any problems.

If you don't want to spend the money for that filter you might be able to find similar for cheaper. I think mikesXS has one too.

BREATHER1.jpg

BREATHER2.jpg

Hard to see but there are 2 o-rings on there.

BREATHER3.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. For whatever reason I've been having trouble posting. Now I can't use the messaging system on YOC. Apparently I've had my permissions removed??

Anyway...

I used a tiny K&N filter (62-2480) for my crankcase breather. They use to be under $10 from autozone, but I just checked and it comes up as $22 now. I've had this one laying around for years. I attached it to a 45° 1/2" copper street elbow. With the smaller end in the filter, the larger end fits loosely over the breather vent. I put a couple o-rings over the vent. I believe they were 9/16" x 3/32", but I'm not positive. I put 1 between the 2 rings on the breather vent, and 1 above the top one. Then just slid the elbow over them. It's plenty snug, and haven't had any problems.

If you don't want to spend the money for that filter you might be able to find similar for cheaper. I think mikesXS has one too.

No worries, thanks for the reply. I was thinking that is what you probably did, but I wasn't sure how using the filter would affect the fuel/engine system. Glad to know it's as simple as using a crankcase breather filter. I've seen many inexpensive ones, so I think that would work for me.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online