So is it DTR or TZR??

Guest CardBoardDave
This post is 5159 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guest CardBoardDave

Evenin all :)

I have these specs and would like to know if you have the same or am i unlucky to have a rare confiq just for the tdr

Engine number

3BN03 Y-1

Cylinder Number

4FU00 124cm3

Cylinder Head Number

4FU Y-2

What does all this mean? 4fu 3bn y1 y2 etc.

Frame Number

4GW-0007**

Deltabox

also

Is 75mph it top speed maxed out no more never try to and live with it kinda thing?

:) :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

As far as im am aware they are practically the same the TZR and DTR bottom end wise, the TZR however has an electric start fitted, where the DTR is a kick-start, and a few other differences, like gearing ratios and clutch cover style etc..

The cylinder are nikosil nikasil plated on the TZR (4fu00) and standard iron liner on the DTR(3mb00).

Y-1 and Y-2 are on all DTR and TZR cylinders and heads as far as i know they don't mean anything in particular, possibly some form of identification from the factory/assembly line.

So you have a TZR engine as far as i can tell.

But with the fact that so many parts are interchangeable between the different models ( TZR,TDR,DTR and others) there is always the chance that a previous owner has replaced parts from other models onto yours, although it isn't anything to worry about if that is the case.

HTH

Vez.

Guest CardBoardDave

Thanks Vez and OG

It all looks original judging by the condition of the nuts etc.

I needed to get hold of a power valve cover right side as mine just vanished :angry: after a ride out.

Managed to find a full valve kit on ebay for £30 so i bought it came to fit it and :huh: to small (2RK 2RH)

Made do an mended the old one to get bike back on the road.

Not getting a good seal and is leaking gass and oil and is VERY LOUD :lol:

So do you by any chance know what models/years made that the 4FU cylinder was fitted to so i could maybe find the bits i need

Also i reckon i am dew top end rebuild 12k on the clock.

I 100% need a chain sprocket kit. Play in the middle of the rear, top and bottom set right.

I have 16 57 with a 428 as standard and i would like to go +2 on the front

What chain would i need then?

My bike is fitted with a cat that i am thinking about gutting and the same time cutting out the pipe thats chocking my bike.

Any ideas on this? Good/bad

Ebay fr and ebay de has plenty of tdr bits listed.

I saw a pair of wheels go for 10 euro on de last week

a well messed about with power valve (came like it)

61bbd6c5.jpg

Also do you know where i can get one of these screw/caps from?

24f4e24f.jpg

Ty :)

If the CAT is anything like mine it is very possible, if not a little tricky.

http://www.yamahaclu...__1#entry117247

I think OG sent me a post on a French forum with better detail. If i find it i will post it for you.

Can't really help on the chain, count the links and add a few before you order is all i can suggest. Its easier to remove links you have extra, than fitting ones you don't. ;)

Vez.

:blush: Maybe i do have a window on there OG.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online