Front fork oil seals

Emzed
This post is 5171 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hya folks, another query for the guru's :unsure:

My 1982 (Import 1st registered in UK 1988) is in need of new fork seals.

Problem is, I cant find the sizes in any of the parts manuals which I have ?

Does anyone have the sizes ? If not, where I could find out ?

I have had the vernier caliper on the stanchion and as far as I can be, I'm sure they measure 32mm.

I have seen various seals for sale on Ebay but none of this size !

33mm,42mm & some with no sizes listed at all ! just a listing for all SR's 1980 to 1994 ?

Has anyone got a definitive answer ?

Photos of the bike are on the "Garage" section of this site if that may be of any help ?

By the way, can anyone tell me, from looking at the photos, which "model" I have acquired ?

Many thanks for the info already provided.

Ciao4now

Em B)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks guys :blush:

I knew there was something I'd forgotten :rolleyes:

Frame number.....3Y6103865

Engine number....3Y6103865

The swinging arm spindle is seized into the rear of the crankcases, which is why I had to sandblast the motor in the frame :wacko:

By the way root, the "Motorcyclepro" link lists the seals as 33mm !

The other site seems to require a part number but as I'm not certain which model I have yet, its a bit of a "dead end" at the moment. But thanks anyway for the time and trouble you've gone to to provide the links :thumb:

My vernier says 32mm + or - .02mm ? its certainly not 1mm out :icon_confused:

I'm sure its reading correctly (its digital) and I measured the stanchion between the yokes, where there is almost no possibility of any wear taking place, so what do you think ?

Have I got an "oddball" ?

The forks seem to be original fittment, they are a "snug fit" in the yokes so I'm fairly sure they were on it when it left the factory.

Ciao4now

Em B)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online