Highwayhawk pipes for xvs dragstar 125cc

littlepig
This post is 5163 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Bolted on the slash cut H/H pipes today. I got them on gumtree for £60,bargin.The only problem i have is they are way too loud.I was quite embaressed going through towns , i love the tone but the volume is exessive.Anyone know the correct and effective baffel to tone it down a bit? cheers.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

are you for real?! I LOVE loud pipes. Like is the sound - "wrong" ? Or just neighbour-waking??

I can't be much help here, sorry, I'll just let ya know that if you REALLY can't find a solution - I'll pay the £60 + p&P for you to sell them on :)

Im keepin them mate,i just want to tone them down.They are well over the legal noise restriction.if u going to get them get baffles! Or the police,neighbours and any1 else u drive by will be pretty annoyed.

im sure the point to the highway hawks is there loud! and that is the purpose of them .....to be loud. but im not too sure if you can get baffles for them :blink: can you open them up without having to drill or cut them? if they are what i think they are then they will be straight through pipes that have been designed without baffles and therefore you cant fit any. but then again im not too sure.

but yeah great bargain! £60 !!!! WOW!

could you post a pic up with them on? id like to see what the bike would look like with a nice set of pipes on it. :D

oh just thought you could just pack them with the same stuff you get for pitbike exhaust cans, that will muffle the sound to a quieter level but shouldnt affect the tone.

B)

round my way no one is fussed about the noise as there are plenty of people going round on harlys with straight through pipes, or r1's with racing cans on them, but iv been to airshire (got family over there )and its totally different with it being a kinda "posh" area so i can see where your coming from. :)

its ok guys ,alchemy have sorted it for me,and all highway hawk pipes come with baffles i found out.mine where 2nd hand with none.an obv there supposed to be loud but u cant have heard them when there straight through its just crazy especially at 60mph.

I heard a cheap fix is to pack them with wire wool...(???)

best not use wire wool its not ment for it, get some proper stuff it might cost more but its made for the job!

Exhaust issue should be sorted next week,alchemy have sorted me out with baffles for £26.now i'm looking at servicing.have bought new air and oil filters,some rather expensive fully synthetic oil,iridium spakys again rather expensive and the crown an 18 tooth front sprocket.if all comes tommorow should have it all done for Sunday(excluding baffles).will post and let u know if any of this makes a differance.I reckon I could live with the noise at low revs so if the 18 toothed does it's job I might just leave the exhaust.stay tuned yamaheads.

well just to let you know iridium spark plugs wont make any noticeable difference in a 125 engine, yeah they might ignite the fuel better but as i said you wont feel any difference in the engine or get any performance gains so id say save yourself 9 quid and get standard ones. B) think the standard ones are cr7hsa? try putting the slightly hotter ones in, im not sure if its up a number (like cr8hsa) or down a number (cr6hsa) but that would make the sparkplugs better without spending a small fortune on iridium plugs!

I only got the iridium for life span,all is finished and I think it's a good bit more enjoyble now to drive.didn't feel like too much accelerations lost.it's really nice cruising at low revs now at 60 rather than that crazy high rev racket.3rd gear is so long mow it goes right to 60!

nice m8 wish i managed to do it to mine b4 it blew up lol have fun :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online