SR125, it's back!

KirriePete
This post is 5034 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Came home yesterday to find this in my back garden:

100_1916Medium.jpg

100_1918Medium.jpg

PDIL (Prospective Daughter-In-Law) dropped it in for a wee fettle, how nice! Since getting through the MOT last November, the poor wee thing has sat in her (mildly damp) garage and not turned a wheel! So ..... flat battery, stale fuel, stuck throttle cable and more nibbling by the ferrous fairies:

100_1919Medium.jpg

100_1920Medium.jpg

Battery charged, fuel drained and a squirt of carb cleaner, throttle slide turned round the right way (no I don't know how that happened either!), ready to start ..... Errr, where's the button?

100_1921Medium.jpg

Looking on the devil's own auction site comes up with a lot of late model right side switches, but they don't have the light switch. However there is one from an SR250 that looks like it's a match - anyone know if that's the case? Or can I just Araldite a lump of plastic (old rawl plug or similar) and walk away?

Apparently she's thinking of selling it anyway - anyone care to put a value on it?

BTW - a prod with a screwdriver got it fired up on the first attempt, no worries!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

looks like standard yam parts bin on the starter.

xs400/250 certainly, ebay has the buttons!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online