Wow, bike insurance can be cheap!

beerbaron
This post is 7179 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Wow, I just went to get insurance on my Fz600 1988... I was expecting something like 300 Canadian $ . But since I'm 25, never received a ticket, and that my bike is rated as custom (beat me where they got that but it sure doesn't look like one), my rate is 100$. As a matter fact the rate is 84$ but the minimum insurance policy is 100$. Finally something in the motorcycling world that is not expensive :D !

BeerBaron

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I pay $130 a year for my XJ750 :? .....but that's with a ticket I got a bit over a year ago......So I still think I'm getting a pretty fair deal :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

Mine has just gone up to £194 fully comp, but last year it was £148 for my classic Z1100, then £6.00p to add my YZF750! So looking at it the best way, my YZF costs me six quid fully comp;)

Positive thinking rocks!

I've just paid £375 tpft for my YZF750R 1996 N reg with Bikesure which ain't bad considering i havn't had a bike since 1998 + i'm 28 years old,and that encluded unlimited milage.Some companys (Carol Nash,Bennets etc) wanted £1000+ plus cat 1 alarm/imm limited milage to 2500 p/y.Just shows you need to shop around :!: :P:P

beerbaron (good name m8 :D ), a lot of people to "cut" the speedo cable because of the limitations put on them by an insurance company. So people are riding bikes and not recording the millage, which they then sell on to an unsuspecting individual, who doesn't do the correct checks at the correct intervals because they have no idea these checks need doing.

What is this likely to cause? an accident or a worst death! All this because insurance companies want to make the most money they possibly can and bikers want to spend the less they can.

Money V's Life? Money wins again.

Come on lads there are ways to cut your insurance quotes, all you have to do is think about it:)

Now I've gone and got all worked up about this I will have a fag and a coffee(could be the problem :shock: ) and chill for a bit. LOL