SR 250 Oil circulation check

Emzed
This post is 5175 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys an gals, I'm a newbie to this forum.

I have just finished a quick re-furb on a 250 SR and I need some info regarding the oil circulation check.

The PDF manual I got through Ebay from Spain, says there is a screw at the bottom of the left of the cylinder.

No such screw exists on my engine ! ??

There is however a "hexagon headed/cross point drive" screw/bolt", at the rear of the cylinder head on the right !

Is this the other "bleed" screw ?

The original screw which was in the oil filter cover had the same type of head.

(I have replaced this particular screw with a stainless button allen screw)

Can anyone shed any light on my query ?

I hope so :unsure:

Ciao4now

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The screw bolt at the rear of the cylinder head next to the tappet cover on the RH side is according to the manual a "CHECK BOLT" which you just loosen as the bolt has a slit in it and then remove the smaller screw bolt on top of the oil filter cover then start the engine and make sure oil flows from both. If it doesn't after one minute stop the engine as there is a problem . Tony.

Hi ...I think you will find if you remove the top stud from the oil filter & turn the motor over you will have oil all over your shoes . The one you say is on the cylinder is the bleed screw just loosen this off a turn or two after oil change & then turn it over for up to a minute until you see oil on the thread.

Many thanks to both TONE & root.

I'll let you all know how things go and hopefully upload some pics, of before, during and after :D

Ciao4now

Em B)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online