Gotta love Yam parts.....

YamaHead
This post is 7263 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

...& their interchangability 8)

Just got on the road yesterday morning @ 4AM, headed for work as usual.....when I noticed that my headlight was off! :shock: ......pulled over straight away & tore it apart, only to find that the fuses & bulb were still good :? (had just replaced the bulb only a month ago)....so I limped it back home & actually Drove my truck to work......which bugs the sh*t outta me :D

So when I got home, I went through what spares I have left (from my old XJ550) just to see if I could pinpoint the prob. I've got an old fishing tackle box stuffed full of various electrical parts that I've been collecting over the years.....which I was glad I still had, coz I found a good handful of various relays, & through a process of illimination, I found one that worked! 8)

I love it when that happens......especially when you consider that the relay woulda cost me @ least $70 :shock: for a used one (IF I could find it)......So now it's fixed & didn't cost me anything more than the extra fuel whilst driving my truck to work 8)

Bottom Line: It pays to save all those little spares! :wink:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Indeed! I once managed to do something with the old wheel my old man left lying around on a 996! :lol:

The gear shift lever on my truck used to have an Oury throttle grip from my personal parts bin 8) .....but I've since changed it to a grip from an old Barracrafter ski pole......complete with finger notches & even has Made in USA stamped on it :wink:

• 1 month later...

I'm going to print this off and show my girlfriend and say: "see all that shit I have piled up in the corner of the kitchen could actually save us money!" or maybe I'll save a kick in the balls for another day.

I once had a Kwaka Z1100 frame (up against the back door), tank (on top of the fridge) and engine on a skateboard (so it could be moved from in front of the sink washing machine when required). She got quite good at moving the engine just before I put it all back together. I bet she misses that......

8) Sounds like a True Bikers household there John :tu

One that would rival even the Hardley boys over here.....where they keep there bike in the middle of the living room & use it as a coffee table :D

I was talking to a guy in the pub, a while ago now but, he was doing some engine work in his front room.

He was working on the bottom end and wanted it upsidedown, fair enough. But when he tried to balance it on the cylinder head bolts it wobbled around, no good.

So he balanced it upsidedown, marked out where the bolts were and drilled holes in the table and slotted it home. BINGO! What a guy! :lol: