What do I need to check?

sabberjoch
This post is 5173 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

I'm Bas from the Netherlands. I'm 16 years old. And I used to drive on a 1982 Puch maxi. With that thing broken down. I've been looking for a Yamaha TZR50. I found one in the neighbourhood. It's a 2005 model. With a bit of scratches on 1 side. But that doesn't really bother me. I know i'm new here. But once I've bought a TZR i will become active here, and post regular updates of my TZR. So it's not that I need help, and be off after i've been helped. My question is, if i'm going to see that TZR, what should I look for. Are there common issues or stuff like that that I have to know, and make sure it's allright one the one i'm looking after to buy? I'm going for a testdrive this sunday. Anyone got some tips for me what i should focus on?

Greetings, Bas

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi guys,

I'm Bas from the Netherlands. I'm 6 years old. And I used to drive on a 1982 Puch maxi. With that thing broken down. I've been looking for a Yamaha TZR50. I found one in the neighbourhood. It's a 2005 model. With a bit of scratches on 1 side. But that doesn't really bother me. I know i'm new here. But once I've bought a TZR i will become active here, and post regular updates of my TZR. So it's not that I need help, and be off after i've been helped. My question is, if i'm going to see that TZR, what should I look for. Are there common issues or stuff like that that I have to know, and make sure it's allright one the one i'm looking after to buy? I'm going for a testdrive this sunday. Anyone got some tips for me what i should focus on?

Greetings, Bas

Welcome to the YOC B)

Are you realy only 6 years old ?

Anyway,

The most important part is the engine so make sure (as much as you can) that it is in good shape. Everything else can be sorted out after.

Ask the seller loads of questions.

What milage is on the bike?

Can you get a test ride on a known GOOD TZR50 before you go and view the one your looking at, this way it will give you a good idea of what the bike should be like.

If you can hear any strange noises comming from the engine then dont buy unless your getting it Cheep.

Bring someone else with you to look the bike over aswell-------someone older that has experience of bikes (if you can)

Good luck.

Thanks, no i'm actually 16, but it's late.

Thanks for all the info! i'm taking the dad of a friend of mine with me. He has loads of experience!

He spends his spare time building bikes that he bought in crates! he restaured several old MV Augusta's and Kawasaki's.

The mileage of the bike is 17000km. a bit over 10000 miles. He replaced the piston ring a year ago. I already drove a TZR50 that was almost new. Only 1 thing that was weird. The gearbox would flip itself out of gear sometimes. But i've heard that's a common problem with TZR's. I myself found it more satisfying to ride than the V-max 1200 of a friend of mine. That thing is just scary as hell to drive! I'll let you guys know when i've made a little test drive.

Greetings Bas

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online