SR125 Speedo Drive

JamesR
This post is 5170 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Apologies for the newbie post, tho i feel I'll be back here often!

Got a 2001 SR125, with a jumpy speedo. Works fine to 50mph, then jumps around above and below said speed 'til it gets some rest. Checked speedometer, and cable, greased the latter and no problems with it. Found the speedo drive is knackered, teeth are worn down, needs a dentist. Bought a second-hander from "startright.co.uk", but its input is 2-prongs instead of the 3-prong on my front wheel, and doesn't even have a toothed wheel, so, incompatible. Does anyone know a good 2nd hand place where I can get a 3-prong'er, or a 2-prong driver on the wheel-side?

Many thanks!

James

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks chaps, most appreciated. Didn't think of trying eBay (I think i'm going mad), have asked those sellers and will post if successful! Must've changed between the two types late in the production run, seems not to be a common question!

For the information of anyone else out there having this problem, I've compiled a brief webpage detailing my steps in fixing my broken speedo drive mechanism, covering both aforementioned 2-prong and 3-prong styles of the device. Hope that helps!! Link is [speedo Drive Disassembly, Cleaning, Greasing, Reassembly].

God speed,

James

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online