Jog RR Problem

Dan5887
This post is 5178 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi i recently bought a jog rr 2007, but it seems to have no bottom end power at all, I knew the previous owner so I know abit about whats been done to it. It was derestriced from new and rode with a standard exhaust, Then a technigas exhaust was fitted. I'm not sure if the fault started when the exhaust was changed but i do now that when the exhaust was changed it did not have a bigger main jet or new rollers fitted at the same time. When the bikes going along a flat road it struggels to get to about 30mph but then picks up to about 45 really fast??? Ive cleaned out the carb, replaced the spark plug and cap and cleaned the air filter but still the same. Do i need to replace the main jet for a bigger 1 as the exhaust was changed? Also what weight rollers are required or where can i find out. Any help would be really appreciated cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello, my name is xxxxxx

Ah yes, xxxxxx, Welcome to the forum.

It's usally polite, to make your first post an introduction.............

Sorry everybody I feel rude now, didn't think, My names dan and i live in bristol, More into motocross than mopeds but hey! u have to find away to work when ur van catches on fire. I'm new to this forum and to motorcycle mechanics but I am a car mechanic so hopefully with a bit of help from you guys i will get this bike going right eventually. Sorry again and i would appricate any help anybodys got cheers..

welcome Dan, sorry I dont know anything about rollers :unsure: or how they work, however this would be the area that I would check out, have you seen the rollers, do they look right are they free?...sorry cant be more help.

...Paul

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online