TZR 50 wont rev

Zircon
This post is 5159 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello :) , I'm pretty new to this but have posted once before , which was a great success and i appreciated it allot, so here i go again .....

I just got my TZR 50 back on the road today,

However after about an hour of running fine , it lost all power and wouldnt rev above about 6000rpm , this slowly got worse , no matter what gear she was in it just wouldnt rev above 3000 rpm just before pulling in home .

There is plenty of compression in the cylinder and the plug has a good spark.

After coming home and leaving the bike to "cool" down it would again rev up to about 6000rpm but no higher ( was reving right up to 10000 rpm before )

Its annoying that the 1st day i get it back on the road it dies again !

Any help would be very appreciated

Many thanks

Zircon

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ok Jordan, you have had issues with redex before havent you? is there any chance that there could still be some in the carb? I would strip it again as its a know problem you had before.

I've taken the bottom of the Carb off and cleaned all the jet out too , is it worth taking the whole Carb out and Boiling it as some people say ? ill try doing as you advised tomorrow see if that makes a difference.

No idea why it died so fast ,filled her up and got about about 10 miles before this happened !?!?!

Thanks again

Jordan

Do you think its worth having the whole engine out and a full inspection ?

Many thanks

Jordan

No i dont think so.

Start at the fuel tank and work all the way to the plug through the fuel system. Alos check for any air leaks and things like that.

Do you think its worth having the whole engine out and a full inspection ?

Many thanks

Jordan

You have good compression and a spark so I would just do the carb clean. Get some carb cleaner on it or place it in an ultrasonic bath, take out the jets and check they are clean and the holes are clear. Blow it dry and blow through the passageways with compressed air. Dont get carb cleaner on any seals, O rings etc.

TAKE CARE NOT TO LOSE ANYTHING.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay after looking at the carb , i can almost guarantee its not that. Everything is fine and is just how it should be !

Ive been told this problem could be caused by a fault with the power valve , i have no idea if i have a power valve or even where to start looking ?!?!

Any help and or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated ,

Many thanks again ,

Jordan :) :)

• Who's Online (See full list)