2-Stroke meet - Squires cafe

This post is 4975 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Cheers, My main concern is that its ok for college on the 20th, ill do more than kick it if i have to catch a bus there.

Thats shit news Vez,

Call me dumb but,,,,,,,what happened to it,,,,,,,,,thaught it was a good bike?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm now not going.

Guess ill be spending my weekend in the shed. :(

Fk me Vez" and you being the fore-runner for this meet,:( top of piston looks like detonation right enuff Old git. you lotwith them water cooled DTs gotta run avgas in them , or super plus, run them cooler, was lookin forward to meetn yeh too Vez . Cynic is going :) ,, air cooled tho [ no probs eh] . any sign of Foamy ?

All, ride safe on your way up/down/across - police on TV right now @ Squires talking about more biker deaths in the area (Tadcaster)... so far this year no. of bikers killed in the area is the same as the whole of last year. Watch your speed in the bends & keep your eyes peeled for the blind f*****s in cars!!

On a different note, Squires only let you pay for things on Credit/Debit card on purchases over £10, there's a cash machine in there that charges about £2.50 fee for each withdrawl - not sure where the nearest free cash machine is, it could be at the other side of Garforth @ Sainsbury's at the junction with the M1...

Seems on the local weather the weekend is dry with sunny intervals...

Thats shit news Vez,

Call me dumb but,,,,,,,what happened to it,,,,,,,,,thaught it was a good bike?

Downside to getting a bike without knowing the full history of it i guess, think it was ragged from new and never run in properly :(

You wanna ride pillion Vez?...Friday-Sunday?

Thanks for the offer Paul, but i need to get the bike right asap. I have 2 days to have a look at it and a shed full of spares so there is a slim chance i may still make it, but its better i say now than any later.

Tbh im toying with the idea on putting the sachs engine in, going to start it up after work tomorrow and see how its runs.

Anyone know the timescale after notifying the DVLA about an engine change before you can ride it?

this meet reminds me of my trips to the NW200, full of drama and tears.

hope it all ends well......... :huh:

Fk me  Vez"   and you being  the fore-runner for this meet,:(       top of piston  looks like detonation  right enuff  Old git.  you lotwith them water cooled DTs  gotta run avgas in them , or super plus,  run them cooler,  was lookin forward to meetn yeh too Vez .    Cynic  is going :) ,,    air cooled tho  [  no probs eh] .  any sign of Foamy ?

I was looking forward to meeting you all too. Its not over yet, i don't give up that easily. 

Octane boost is a good way of getting a nice fuel mixture  ;)

fee for each withdrawl -

If thers any tarts at squires sat night ---- we will use the Withdrawel Method .:D ,

You not making it Clarkey ?

Oh and click on Google Earth on sat morning, Zoom in to yorkshire moors , see the Xs 400 with Entourage, like the three blind mice , snaking over the moors :lol:

On a different note, Squires only let you pay for things on Credit/Debit card

If they dont want me cash-------then i wont give it to them------ill just take there grub and beer

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i hope you don;t let me down, drewp-a-lot,,,,,are we still on for an 8am meet at mcdonnalds.

yep still on mate, only told the missus last night, she was not amused (all the more reason to go)

what about cardboad dave you going/comming with us?

I'll phone vez friday, just in case he can make it!

is there a rock group on at night or not.as it says nothing in the ads,that i read.

will this do ya

part of the streetfighters bash...

"Turn up saturday 12 noon onwards & camp over, camping is free. ( toilet & shower facilities on site) There will be a wide range of food & alcohol to meet all your tastes available inside the venue.

2 bands on Saturday night

The main band is "night vision"

There will be a raffle draw

With good prizes to win

There will be trophies for the BEST BIKE on the night

Put it in your diary or on your calender

And its all free of charge

All we ask is for you to put a donation in the air ambulence bucket"

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online