82 xs400 needs electric starting help

Taburnak
This post is 5193 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I cant get the electric start to work properly. it turns the engine but very is very weak. it will make a crank or two but then it runs out of juice. i just put a new battery in it. i dont have a kick starter but it push starts just fine. i feel like a just wasted money on a new battery. could it be a dying starter or maybe something is draging in the engine?

i dont know where to start

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I cant get the electric start to work properly. it turns the engine but very is very weak. it will make a crank or two but then it runs out of juice. i just put a new battery in it. i dont have a kick starter but it push starts just fine. i feel like a just wasted money on a new battery. could it be a dying starter or maybe something is draging in the engine?

i dont know where to start

You should really introduce yourself before posing questions. Anyway, it could be a number of factors. My advice is to purchase a multimeter and go through your entire electrical system. It's a pain in the ass, but you will learn a lot about your bike, and probably fix the problem along the way. Good Luck.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online