YZF 600 won't start

Barry Johnston
This post is 5174 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Really need some help with my bike as it won't start.

Whenn you switch the ignition on the neutral light is lit, which is fine as the bike is in neutral. When you pull the clutch and hit the start button i get nothing, the bike doesn't turn over.....just silence. I have replaced the starter solenoid, start stop relay and right hand switch gear to no avail. Today i replaced the battery again to no avail. I have found that the diode that is just below the seat doesn't provide continuity in either direction. I have proved the clutch switch is ok but still i get nothing. Would the diode stop the bike from starting if it was faulty?

Any help would be appreciated as i am going off my heid with this problem

Many thanks

Baz

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

This sounds like the same problem I had with my TZR I simply kept forgetting to put the stand up and when I put It into gear it died I instantly got worried and didn't think properly so maybe check the stand is up? If not maybe do. The dreaded thing and go to a mechanic?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online