XS400-2E Forks are shot

XS400-2E
This post is 5172 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Anyone know of any viable replacements for 78 XS 400 forks? The cheaper the better... The ones on the bike have seen about 30 years of neglect and rust. Inner for tube is rusted and pitted. Lowers are corroded, springs are shot and seals are blown out.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Anyone know of any viable replacements for 78 XS 400 forks? The cheaper the better... The ones on the bike have seen about 30 years of neglect and rust. Inner for tube is rusted and pitted. Lowers are corroded, springs are shot and seals are blown out.

Lets start again,

This site is not "Information Centre" although we do help each other. But don't just come in here "Gung Ho" Wanting an instant answer to your problem.

Try introducing yourself,

"Who are you?"

"Where do you come from"'

"What bike do you have"

Help us to help you.

Lets start again,

This site is not "Information Centre" although we do help each other. But don't just come in here "Gung Ho" Wanting an instant answer to your problem.

Try introducing yourself,

"Who are you?"

"Where do you come from"'

"What bike do you have"

Help us to help you.

Sorry about that... I really don't give out my name on forums but you can call me Josh. and as the title says... XS400-2E, they only made that bike for one year 1978. As I do recall I posted a question asking for advise not a lecture from someone that didn't bother to read the post.

v/r

Josh

I'm new to forum(s) myself. I guess the tip-off would be that this is really a technical 'workshop' or better yet 'classics' section question.

May I ask the same question for future upgrade possibility . . .

. . . except for the cheaper part.

Thanks

you can either get replacement stantions (disco volante)or have them hard chromed and re-ground (philots in UK)

lowers just need stripping and rebuilding, wirth do pregressive upgrade springs

As I do recall I posted a question asking for advise not a lecture from someone that didn't bother to read the post.

Josh

It wasn't about someone not reading your post. It was about you just coming on here and firing questions left, right and centre and not even bothering to introduce yourself.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online