xv125 virago brake pads

eebs600
This post is 5180 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can anyone tell me the procedure for changing the front brake pads on a 1998 Virago XV125?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Can anyone tell me the procedure for changing the front brake pads on a 1998 Virago XV125?

take the caliper off and there should be 2 bolts to undo then whip the pads out (take note of where everything goes!) push the pistons in, put new pads on, put bolts back in then put caliper back on bike, pump brake lever till all is working then bed them in. :D

Yes, although I'd appreciate it if you filled out more of your profile and started off with an Introduction in the Intro thread ;)

take the caliper off and there should be 2 bolts to undo then whip the pads out (take note of where everything goes!) push the pistons in, put new pads on, put bolts back in then put caliper back on bike, pump brake lever till all is working then bed them in. :D

Thanks Paul, much appreciated.

I did have a long reply all typed out, but it's at the office PC and I'm onsite now... at fecking 1am on a Friday night!!

Gimme until Monday, I'll add some details in.

Also, there's a thread from me somewhere with lots of info for doing Dragstar brakes, which are pretty much the same as the Viggie, IIRC.

Thanks for adding your info, BTW. Useful to know whereabouts people are, in case we know of good local services.

Hope you enjoy being part of the forum.

at fecking 1am on a Friday night!!

:blink::blink: wonder what my exuse is then lol :blink::blink: