dt125 rebuild

This post is 5171 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

can't get nut off to change worn sprocket ,just want to make sure its a left handed thread before I up the leverage,any one out there to advise me ,cheers Spleenless :unsure:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Far as i know it is, can you not see a couple of turns on the shaft past the nut?

Vez will be the man to know......

Its a r/h thread. But it tightens itself up something silly.

To get it undone in the past i have fitted an old chain had a friend hold the back brake on and swung on it for England (probably not good advice but its what i had to do at the time) Since then i have made a little tool to hold the sprocket in place while i undo the nut.

Vez.

Edited due to having a gearbox sat on the desk next to me :rolleyes:

Its a r/h thread. But it tightens itself up something silly.

To get it undone in the past i have fitted an old chain had a friend hold the back brake on and swung on it for England (probably not good advice but its what i had to do at the time) Since then i have made a little tool to hold the sprocket in place while i undo the nut.

Vez.

Edited due to having a gearbox sat on the desk next to me :rolleyes:

Maybe if you swing on it for Spain it would be much more sucsessful :huh:

Maybe if you swing on it for Spain it would be much more sucsessful :huh:

Boooo hsssss. And i don't even like the football :P

great thanx Vez I'll use the old chain to jam in gap employ my son as ballast ( he wants the bike , no chance. )and then use a 4' bar for leverage. ;) cheers

great thanx Vez I'll use the old chain to jam in gap employ my son as ballast ( he wants the bike , no chance. )and then use a 4' bar for leverage. ;) cheers

If you are thinking of jamming the old chain between the sproket and the engine casing then------ DONT DO THAT.

1st gear

Back brake on

Then loosen the nut.

It is a right hand thread So it loosens to the left

A quick jirk at the nut is easier if it is really tight. ie, hit the end of the socket lever with a hammer.

Right ok,I take it jammin a chain in there could damage the casing,thanx will employ your tactics,will have to employ daughter too ( she's a nurse ) 

A quick jirk at the nut

Must resist :blink: too many gags :blink::lol:

Must resist :blink: too many gags :blink::lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If you are thinking of jamming the old chain between the sproket and the engine casing then------ DONT DO THAT.

1st gear

Back brake on

Then loosen the nut.

It is a right hand thread So it loosens to the left

A quick jirk at the nut is easier if it is really tight. ie, hit the end of the socket lever with a hammer.

I'm not quite sure how that came across as it did. But thanks mate for clearing it up  :)

Must resist :blink: too many gags :blink:  :lol:

:lol::lol:

I'm not quite sure how that came across as it did. But thanks mate for clearing it up :)

I think he just misunderstood ya,

I just seen the post and replyed quickley so he wondnt brake anything,,,,, hope ya dont mind.:thumb:

I think he just misunderstood  ya,

I just seen the post and replyed quickley so he wondnt brake anything,,,,, hope ya dont mind.:thumb:

:thumb: glad you did, i been out fixing my DTR all day so couldn't have replied myself.

:thumb: glad you did, i been out fixing my DTR all day so couldn't have replied myself.

How ya gettin on with it mate?

How ya gettin on with it mate?

Finished getting all the parts on today, just having a bit of an issue with the battery, or at least i think/hope its the battery.

Charged it twice and it loses charge nearly instantly when put on the bike. Charging it with a different charger tonight so i got my fingers crossed ill be back mobile tomorrow :D.

You thinking of riding your DTR to the 2-stroke meet?

You thinking of riding your DTR to the 2-stroke meet?

That sounds a bit odd about your battery,,,,me no good at all with electric

Aye, the taught did cross my mind, is that a bit mad? tis a long way !

And ill have to send the missus down home or something else like that.

That sounds a bit odd about your battery,,,,me no good at all with electric

Aye, the taught did cross my mind, is that a bit mad? tis a long way !

And ill have to send the missus down home or something else like that.

No comment :P ( im not sure where you are tbh)

Thread hijacking  :unsure:

Sending you a PM

Cheers to you all for help just got back from work on my DT with the new chain n sprockets fitted,yeh the old jerks ridin' the bike now

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online