how do you split a xv 125 engine?

Paulwhite
This post is 5180 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi peeps iv got to take the crank out of me xv 125 engine but cant get the clutch or the magnet off, anyone got a manual or some instruction?

the clutch has a wierd bolt and nut in the middle that both undo, and the magnet on the other side wont budge cause its a taperd, keyway shaft.

cheers.

.Paul.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi peeps iv got to take the crank out of me xv 125 engine but cant get the clutch or the magnet off, anyone got a manual or some instruction?

the clutch has a wierd bolt and nut in the middle that both undo, and the magnet on the other side wont budge cause its a taperd, keyway shaft.

cheers.

.Paul.

If its anything like most i have worked on you will possibly need a flywheel puller for the magnet (flywheel). Although i have used a rubber mallet to gently tap the flywheel whilst pulling it away from the bike, but i have broken magnets using this method. It best if you get a puller.

They come in different shapes and sizes and are not to expensive. Below is the type i have.

Flywheel_pullerPX.gif

And the part of the clutch you are talking about is for possibly for adjustment, if you remove the springs it should come off,and the part you talked about should be attached to a long bar that protrudes into the shaft in the middle with a ball bearing after it that may roll out. Friction can hold the outer plate on quite well.

HTH

Vez

cheers vez im gonna give it a go this afternoon and hopefully im able to get it off lol might also come up with my own flywheel puller but iv got a spare incase it all goes horribly wrong .

You live in Alfreton...Granby's is your friend. Get a puller

iv heard of it but dont know where it is lol :D

nope still dont know where it is lol il get me m8 to take me down sometime :P

yeah it is a bit bad.....as i said iv heard of it but havent seen it, unless your on about that car shop thats down the side street past the bus station?

nope still dont know where it is lol il get me m8 to take me down sometime :P

yeah it is a bit bad.....as i said iv heard of it but havent seen it, unless your on about that car shop thats down the side street past the bus station?

Granby Motors (Ilkeston)

Units 1 & 2,

Belfield Street

Rutland Industrial Estate

ILKESTON

Derbyshire

DE7 8DU

Tel: 0115 930 0020

Tel: 0115 944 1346

Fax: 0115 944 7029

e-mail: [email protected]

Sales Contact: Kelly Dunn

Tom Cullen

Opening Times:

Mon-Fri: 9am -5.30pm

Saturday: 9am - 5pm

Closed Sunday

ahhhhhh you didnt say it was in ilkeston lol thought you ment opposite the tesco in alfreton lol

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online