how old is my yz250?

davehamm
This post is 3828 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi, i just bought the bike which had been stolen, butchered, and since recovered.. so as there is no frame number any more, i am wondering if i can determine the age of my 'ENGINE'from the engine number, which will at least give me a rough idea of the age i assume.... iv also heard of the acid retrieval technique but i dont know what ingredients or mixtures to use.... any help on either points would be much appreciated.. thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi dave.. Clairvoyance. Clairvoyance is the art of 'seeing' beyond the five senses. Clairvoyance is often called the 'sixth sense' or esp. It is related to the images ...

Try as I may I need the engine number :rolleyes:

Thanks for the meaningful advice, pal. However, did it not occur to you that by NOT advertising my engine number on my o.p, i did not want to advertise it. Assuming, of course, i am not a complete moron.

Lets start again, if its okay with you. I would greatly appreciate any information on the method(s) involved in verifying or retrieving the aformentioned (or not-so aformentioned) number. Is it too much to ask for a bit of thought and compassion for a fellow human being before inflicting a savage verbal attack on a new member. You should be ashamed of yourself, and others like you. Do you posess superior knowledge,or just like flexing your fictional muscles? Gimp.

Thanks for the meaningful advice, pal. However, did it not occur to you that by NOT advertising my engine number on my o.p, i did not want to advertise it. Assuming, of course, i am not a complete moron.

Lets start again, if its okay with you. I would greatly appreciate any information on the method(s) involved in verifying or retrieving the aformentioned (or not-so aformentioned) number. Is it too much to ask for a bit of thought and compassion for a fellow human being before inflicting a savage verbal attack on a new member. You should be ashamed of yourself, and others like you. Do you posess superior knowledge,or just like flexing your fictional muscles? Gimp.

Savage verbal attack...where :unsure: OK i'll admit to a bit of sarchasm there but please... :rolleyes:

Well I would have done what I could, I probably would have been the only one to bother, but if it's okay with you

lets forget it.

• 3 years later...

Such savagery! One pales at the thought... Anyhoo, I've been googling all afternoon and have come up empty. I just bought a dead 78 yz250. It has good compression and all the bits seem to be there, so I'm hopeful... What I'm looking for is a service manual. Does anyone know where I can download or buy one? Yamaha took all the old schematics and stuff off their website, and google has only come up with a couple of scam sites. Any help would be appreciated. It's almost riding season so I've only got a few weeks to get this thing going!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online