dt125r headache please help!! lol

goldy1980
This post is 5185 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys, I had to admit defeat with my latest project and ask on here for help. I bought a DT125R 2002 model with a siezed top end, luckily the previous owner had sleeved it so it was a quick rebore and piston to match, top end gasket kit and away i thought it would go, however when i kick the bike up, it takes a while to start, then when it does go it sounds very boggy and hasn't got the "ting ting" like a 2 stroke should have and as soon as i touch the throttle it dies. I'm a competent 2 stroke mechanic, i've eliminated all the usual suspects.

Replaced the carb

Cleaned the carb

New plug

Cleaned the airbox

Fresh fuel

etc..etc..

I noticed on this model, the carb inlet is not on the barrel but in the engine. My next theory is, could there be a leak in the engine itself due to a incompetent repair done previous to myself buying it. I haven't compression tested the bike as my tester wont fit ..lol...but finger over the hole, fires off with ease, easily enough compression to run it. Any help would be great.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yup fuels flowing like a river lol cant understand it.

i will say on the right hand side of the carb theres a 10mm threaded plug which looks like it should have something in it does yours?

No nothing in there, at a guess I would say that would attach to another carb on a twin cylinder bike, for the choke maybe.

Dont you just love a challenge,

still sounds like fuel starvation, I know you worked on the carb but could the main jet be blocked?

What size is it by the way?...240 is standard

Could be the power jet circuit in the bottom of the float bowl. Just thought i would throw that in there.

Vez.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online