BAD DAY!!!!!

Paulwhite
This post is 5181 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

iv come on here to have a rant and to vent my frustration and anger!!!!!!! iv got a sachs roadster 125 which uses the virago 125 engine, about a year ago the piston rings went after i spent £300 for new exhausts, tiers, chain and sprockets. so this year i thought right im gonna get it sorted! i started work last week, spent 2 days stripping the engine and changing the pistons, put it back together and then the cam timing sprocket went so i had to get a new one of them and also the rear exhaust which cost me £110, put it back together to find the pistons were knocking against the valves ( i put some spare dragstar 125 pistons in ) so i thought right im gonna put the dragstar 125 cylinders and heads on. after 2 days of trying to figure out the timing i got it to work just to find i had an oil leak, now because its a sachs roadster you cant get to the oil drain plug cause the frame is in the way! so i had to take the side of the engine off (the stator side) fixed the leak then began work on the carb. i swapped all the components of the virago carb into the dragstar carb then tuned it. the bike ran fine and started so i took it for an mot on friday and it passed ..yay, but it wouldnt get to 60mph on a straight. so today (tuesday ) i went and got it taxed then set about sortin the carb so i could get 60mph. re-jetted the carb, sorted out the fueling went out for a quick spin and it was spot on got 60mph woo hoo ! took it out for a ride then all of a sudden it bogged to a stop about 1/2 a mile from my house so i pushed it back took the plugs out to find they were black, cleaned them and popped them back in started the bike, revved it and heard a loud knocking and the bike wouldnt rev properly .......shit! the bottom end has gon!!! so thats £450 and a weeks worth of hard work down the shitter. so now im pi**ed off f***ing thing!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Kin 'ell mate, you got a friday bike!! ( ask OG about Friday vehicles :blink: )

iv come on here to have a rant and to vent my frustration and anger!!!!!!! iv got a sachs roadster 125 which uses the virago 125 engine, about a year ago the piston rings went after i spent £300 for new exhausts, tiers, chain and sprockets. so this year i thought right im gonna get it sorted! i started work last week, spent 2 days stripping the engine and changing the pistons, put it back together and then the cam timing sprocket went so i had to get a new one of them and also the rear exhaust which cost me £110, put it back together to find the pistons were knocking against the valves ( i put some spare dragstar 125 pistons in ) so i thought right im gonna put the dragstar 125 cylinders and heads on. after 2 days of trying to figure out the timing i got it to work just to find i had an oil leak, now because its a sachs roadster you cant get to the oil drain plug cause the frame is in the way! so i had to take the side of the engine off (the stator side) fixed the leak then began work on the carb. i swapped all the components of the virago carb into the dragstar carb then tuned it. the bike ran fine and started so i took it for an mot on friday and it passed ..yay, but it wouldnt get to 60mph on a straight. so today (tuesday ) i went and got it taxed then set about sortin the carb so i could get 60mph. re-jetted the carb, sorted out the fueling went out for a quick spin and it was spot on got 60mph woo hoo ! took it out for a ride then all of a sudden it bogged to a stop about 1/2 a mile from my house so i pushed it back took the plugs out to find they were black, cleaned them and popped them back in started the bike, revved it and heard a loud knocking and the bike wouldnt rev properly .......shit! the bottom end has gon!!! so thats £450 and a weeks worth of hard work down the shitter. so now im pi**ed off f***ing thing!

This is exactly why I'm reluctant to purchase any more cosmetic parts for the bike, I feel like I'll put a bunch of money into the bike and then it will start crapping out on me. *knock on wood*

I suppose at least for me it comes with purchasing a 30 year old bike, you just never know.

Sorry mate, your current situation is my nightmare.

is it possible the cam timing chain jumped a cog because you didnt set the tensioner right?

Check the valve timing and dont run the engine until you have done, the pistons may be clouting the valves. :o

well the cam chain tensioner locks in place when you tightern it, and i did put it on properly so im praying to god that ur right. but it starts fine its just got no power and there is a loud knock comming from the crank case when you put some revs on so sounds like bottom end has gone :( but im gonna have a proper look today to see if i can see whats happening with it and if im right, but it dont sound good.....any one want to buy a sachs roadster 125? just passed its mot on friday, just taxed yesterday, oh and it needs a new engine.

right iv whipped the engine out and took it to pieces and my fears were right the bottom end is knacked! so gonna try and sort it. iv put a post up in the workshop to try and figure out what i can do to stop it from happening and to see if i can make any improvements.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online