can i get a better quote?

Paulwhite
This post is 4994 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi im a 23 year old male with 6 years no claims riding on a provisional license and cbt and my quote is £86 tpft for the year for a sachs roadster 125.

iv heard if you find a cheaper quote then the insurance company your with will match or beat it but i havent tried it and just wonderd if anyone has?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I haven't tried exactly that, but i normally get the 2 cheapest quotes i can find and then make them fight for my custom, takes a few phone calls, but can yield some good results.

Also you may want to check to see if fully comp is any cheaper, as the last quotes i got for tpft were nearly £100 more than for fully comp with the same insurance companies. :blink:

Vez.

:o OMG!!!

Anything under £100 is a win in my book, mate!!

My sensible 650 with a few years NCB, past 'childish dick' age and so on, fully comp with every belt, brace, bell, book and candle on is just over £200.

But yes, see if you can play them off each other.

Carole Nash are surprisingly good - I went to them after Bennets started to take the p**s.

Sounds pretty good to me too, it costs me just under 160 a year for the DT and the TDR.

well iv been looking on the internet today and iv managed to get a quote for £62 for tpft the funny thing is its exactly the same insurance company as what iv got already lol so im gonna have to give them a ring and see what happens but im sure i can get it close to £50 for the year B)

Yea, you also find the webshites often differ.

Any reason you're only doing TPF&T?

i dont see the need for anything else other than tpft. unless you know of a good reason to get fully comp ?

hi im a 23 year old male with 6 years no claims riding on a provisional license and cbt and my quote is £86 tpft for the year for a sachs roadster 125.

iv heard if you find a cheaper quote then the insurance company your with will match or beat it but i havent tried it and just wonderd if anyone has

What ever you do avoid bennetts, I have just had the most awful time with them went to put a 2nd bike on my policy was told a price over 12 months agreed, next thing I am getting letters (without prior warnings) from there dept recovery that I owe £30 for cancelling my original policy, which they said they would wave, then I get the new policy through and its more per month over 10 months. Have spent all morning on the phone with them trying to sort it out..........still not there yet the girls parting words were can you phone US back, when I said no I think you should be phoning me back I was told they only have incoming phones absolute crap and I will be taking my biz someware else.

I feel better now after my rant!

Sorry Paul for hijacking your post....but watch out for any cancellation fees if you go somewhere else.

What ever you do avoid bennetts, I have just had the most awful time with them went to put a 2nd bike on my policy was told a price over 12 months agreed, next thing I am getting letters (without prior warnings) from there dept recovery that I owe £30 for cancelling my original policy, which they said they would wave, then I get the new policy through and its more per month over 10 months. Have spent all morning on the phone with them trying to sort it out..........still not there yet the girls parting words were can you phone US back, when I said no I think you should be phoning me back I was told they only have incoming phones absolute crap and I will be taking my biz someware else.

I feel better now after my rant!

Sorry Paul for hijacking your post....but watch out for any cancellation fees if you go somewhere else.

like you happysnapper i was with bennetts been with them for years but never again,because i bought my bikes at different times of the year every time i came to insure them i was told if you want to go on a multibike policy it will cost you a cancellation fee plus admin costs so i left it then spoke to carole nash who could not have been more helpful, with bennets recovery was extra,personal accident was extra in fact everything was an extra.

carole nash gave me UK and european breakdown recovery,180 days a year european cover,personal accident cover,helmet and leathers cover in fact everything a biker could need a multibike policy with cover to ride any bike not owned by me and the most important thing they saved me over a £126 on what bennets wanted, 2 months later bennetts rang me to ask why i had not renewed any of my bikes with them it gave me great pleasure to tell them your shit and robbing bastards not a lot they could say. :lol:

i dont see the need for anything else other than tpft. unless you know of a good reason to get fully comp ?

Third Party = Damage YOU do to someone else.

Fire = Hot burny stuff.

Theft = Bike is nicked by some scrote.

I have here, in my very office, a woman who is driving without insurance.

There are MANY thousands of uninsured drivers out there. If one of them hits you, you are FUCKED.

Seriously, you get NOTHING. Bike is a write off, you're physically (and possibly permanently) damaged and you won't get a penny... and they get away with it.

Fully comp packages usually have some kind of insurance against uninsured c**ts.

Lid & Leathers cover - Expensive stuff to replace if you have an off.

Free breakdown cover - When you're stuck in the middle of nowhere, in the freezing cold and pissing rain,

Uninsured loss - Anything you're transporting (SatNav, laptop, iPod, wallet, presents...) is covered. Often extends to any accessories, too.

There are 101 reasosn to go Fully Comp!!

ok then thats a good reason lol :lol: but i dont need insurance now <_< the bottom end has just blown on me so looks like a new bike on the cards. :(

1982 yamaha rd350lc £102 fully comp, no , no claims bonus £3500 AGREED value,no quible,but this is on a classic insurance with KGM. the crap side is limited miles, leasure only ,no commuting,garaged alarmed.and if it gets nicked from my drive way its not covered, (it should be locked in the garage sir.) also you dont build up no claims discount on a lot of these classic insurance pollicies .the same company qoated me £42 for an aerox 100cc tp only,not bad isit.so you may want to consider buying a classic until your older.if you can find a rd125lc,they were frightening in there day.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CardBoardDave

Try swinton bikes.

Im 29 just done my cbt. No no claims not even for a car/van. Driving licence 7 years. 6 points last year.

My bike 1996 TDR 125 standard uk spec.

3rd party only sdp+c £71

take off there £30 cash back offer payable in 90days

£41 for the year

winner

Bennets came in cheaper but had no cashback.

1982 yamaha rd350lc £102 fully comp, no , no claims bonus £3500 AGREED value,no quible,but this is on a classic insurance with KGM. the crap side is limited miles, leasure only ,no commuting,garaged alarmed.and if it gets nicked from my drive way its not covered, (it should be locked in the garage sir.) also you dont build up no claims discount on a lot of these classic insurance pollicies .the same company qoated me £42 for an aerox 100cc tp only,not bad isit.so you may want to consider buying a classic until your older.if you can find a rd125lc,they were frightening in there day.

kev, for £20 more i got agreed value (£2500) with carol nash, no limited mileage, fully comp and breakdown cover (needed for a stinkwheel!)can't see any other limitations

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online