Bar End Weights

exile1973
This post is 5050 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Does anyone know where I can get some bar end weights that are heavy stainless steel? All the ones I can find online seem to be aluminium and rubber mounted, which seems to defeat the purpose.

I have a 1998 XJ600N and the weights have been replaced with Motrax DHB crash bobbins and I am getting a lot of right hand vibration, causing pins and needles.

The only heavyweight ones I have found only seem to fit certain of the faster Yamahas.

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Does anyone know where I can get some bar end weights that are heavy stainless steel? All the ones I can find online seem to be aluminium and rubber mounted, which seems to defeat the purpose.

I have a 1998 XJ600N and the weights have been replaced with Motrax DHB crash bobbins and I am getting a lot of right hand vibration, causing pins and needles.

The only heavyweight ones I have found only seem to fit certain of the faster Yamahas.

Thanks

Odd, the vibration should be even across the bars. Have you adjusted the levers to make sure the back of your hand and the top of your forearm are aligned. This makes an enormous difference to the blood flow into your hands. Keeps them warmer in winter too.

One other point, would just replacing the std ones not work just as well.

Odd, the vibration should be even across the bars. Have you adjusted the levers to make sure the back of your hand and the top of your forearm are aligned. This makes an enormous difference to the blood flow into your hands. Keeps them warmer in winter too.

One other point, would just replacing the std ones not work just as well.

Thanks for that Cynic - I have adjusted the levers as suggested - has helped a bit. I do not have the original weights as the bike came with the Motrax.

I am not even 100% sure they are the original bars as the previous owner has changed a fair bit, indicators, mirrors, etc. Bars may be new too - am pretty sure they are 22mm though, but can't seem to find any good end weights yet.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online