Chain tensioner.....

Cynic
This post is 5185 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Greetings people, got a bit of a problem, I can't recall how the chain tensioner goes together on my DT. Anybody do me a picture of one in situ so i can get mine on right.

I know it doesent fit in an obvious way but when you have it right its a dodle but i just cant see it.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

OHHH so close, any chance you could get a shot from underneath. Its the bloody spring that just wont sit right.

The manual, ha when i looked in it, there in black and white. "Its important to note she spring position when removing the tensioner" :blink:

My fault for not taking a photo, lesson learned.

I think the Thingy goes over the Yoke-a-me-joe, round the How-do-dode and then sits on the jim-bob.:o

Only messin mate !:D

SORRY Cynic me has no clue how it goes.

If i could help ya i would, good luck with it.:thumb:

I think the Thingy goes over the Yoke-a-me-joe, round the How-do-dode and then sits on the jim-bob.:o

Only messin mate !:D

SORRY Cynic me has no clue how it goes.

If i could help ya i would, good luck with it.:thumb:

Its alright i'll get it in the end, hopefully OG will be feeling charitable after his aircooled weekend.

got a picture of the tensioner intact off the bike, it may or may not help you :unsure:

bzrrqbgkkgrhqiokiyewwok.jpg

Oh you are a star Vez, i can see where the spring locates on the arm. Watch this space.......

Ok now i feel stupid, (don't all shout at once) the chain tensioner spring and the rear brake return spring are vey similar. ie similar enough to mix up.

Stupid stupid stupid..........

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online