Anyone considered using Lubro Moly?

johnsnownw
This post is 5183 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

generally due to the high power to cc ratio, motorbike engines have higher spec oils. no need to add anything, the best you can do is change the oil regularly, save your money towards that!

generally due to the high power to cc ratio, motorbike engines have higher spec oils. no need to add anything, the best you can do is change the oil regularly, save your money towards that!

Hmmm, well I can't say that not spending extra money isn't appealing.

Mmmm" oil saver eh, do you think if i put it in the two-stroke tank , i wouldn"t have to fill it ever again :rolleyes: "Merv"? fine for them guzzling RD"s :D

I used to use this stuff when I had an older car, was wondering if anyone has used it or something similar in their bikes?

http://www.amazon.com/Lubro-Moly-Motor-Oil-Saver-300/dp/B003U4QILS

i know this thread is a few days old, but anyway do not use stuff like this in a bike, certainly not a 4-stroke anyway. Its a friction-modifier (which is in many car engine oils as standard) and will quite possibly make the clutch on a bike slip. You have been warned!

p.s. it says it gets rid of blue smoke, so kinda destroys the object of riding a 2-stink, sorry 2-stroke!

Its wrong to assume that motorcycle oil is a higher spec then car oil. It isn't.

There are some differences though. Car oil has friction modifiers among other additives which you won't find in motorcycle oil as they could cause wet clutches to slip.

I really wouldn't go adding anything that reduces friction to your motorcycle oil, for that reason alone.

I'm sure there's going to be plenty of posts claiming that people use car oil and have suffered no ill effects or clutch problems, which might be right. Not all car oil has these friction modifiers in it though, it depends on the spec. Also the oil manufacturers are saying there COULD be problems, so to avoid any issues use use the oil designed specifically for the type of engine indended.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online