Rebuilt CT3 175 starting problems

mdurm
This post is 5192 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a 1973 ct3 175 2 stroke theat will not start. When i bought it the engine was seized from getting water in it so i rebuilt it completely. The bike has good spark and the carb is good. I took the carb off a 1971 At1 125 that runs because the origonal carb for the Ct3 is coroded beyond repair. When trying to start it the bike will run for a fiew seconds. It revs up as soon as it starts and then dies. I have replaced the reeds and all the gaskets around the intake are new so it shuldn't be sucking air there.

Could it be sucking air through the crank case causing it to run lean which would cause the reving.

The carbs for both the At1 and the Ct1 are the same model but the At1 has a 150 main jet and a 30 pilot jet while the ct3 has a 230 main and 25 pilot. Since the carb i am using is jetted leaner than the original could that cause the problem?

the float should be 25.5mm on the AT1 and 21mm on the Ct3 so could that be my problem and does anyone know if the floats are different?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online