Fazer 600 fzs 58 plate

DJ Rusty
This post is 5201 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

After some advice please guys,

Im up to 11k on the clock now and want to replace the spark plugs myself. Having consulted the haynes workshop manuelis it true that in order to replace the plugs i first have to take off the fairing then the tank and then remove the radiator?? It just seems very harsh to do all this to replace some wicks.

Also, what do the members of this fantastic (grovel grovel) site advise on plugs, IE, which type etc etc. As always, good avice welcomed, thanks for reading.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

After some advice please guys,

Im up to 11k on the clock now and want to replace the spark plugs myself. Having consulted the haynes workshop manuelis it true that in order to replace the plugs i first have to take off the fairing then the tank and then remove the radiator?? It just seems very harsh to do all this to replace some wicks.

Also, what do the members of this fantastic (grovel grovel) site advise on plugs, IE, which type etc etc. As always, good avice welcomed, thanks for reading.

If thats what the manual says then maby Yea, but if ya just take off the fairing and can see the plugs, can get at them, have room to come out then thats the way i would go.If there sunk down into the engine then maby you have to take off all that stuff.

NGK and whatever number they are is always a safe bet.

ps. me not formilliar with your bike

ngk CR9E or CR8E, the haynes is correct take the fairings off, and drop the radiator of the brackets, you dont have to take the radiator fully off you can get some wire and hang it some where out of the way , the plugs are deep set , before removing get an hairdryer (dont tell the mrs) and blow cold air where the old plugs are this will shift any loose dust or dirt that might fall in to plug holes when removing , then carefully remove, while the fairing off you might as well go the whole hog and drop the oil and replace the coolant then your all set to go

Thanks for the info there guys, it does sound a bit of a big job just to replace them, but i`ll have a go next time om off for a few days. On the radiator part, i take it then i dont need to drain the rad and take off the hoses to replace the spark plugs, just detactch away from the buke and hang.

AAAARRRRRRR for the old days when you could see the plugs on the engines....lol. Thanks again guys for the advise.

Thanks for the info there guys, it does sound a bit of a big job just to replace them, but i`ll have a go next time om off for a few days. On the radiator part, i take it then i dont need to drain the rad and take off the hoses to replace the spark plugs, just detactch away from the buke and hang.

AAAARRRRRRR for the old days when you could see the plugs on the engines....lol. Thanks again guys for the advise.

yep an old coat hanger some old wire, just to hold it out off the way , other wise you cant get to hte middle plugs

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online