YZF750 starter motor

britaxcooper
This post is 5193 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

I've just bought a 1994 YZF750, I was told that the bike requires a new starter motor although I think more than likely its the sprag clutch due to the "stripped tooth" sound it makes when you press the button, runs fine when bumped off.

I've ordered a haynes manual but in the mean time can someone tell me how to remove the starter motor? I've undone the two mounting bolts but there’s not enough room to manoeuvre it away from the frame, I’m guessing you have to remove the alternator but I cant get to one of the bolts behind the steel water pipe, could someone tell me how to go about removing this or the correct way if I’m doing it wrong?

Also I cant seem to find any used sprag clutches, there are plenty on ebay for the yzf1000 though, are these the same or is there a direct replacement off something else?

100_2326.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online