Racing drivers

ChristianSRA
This post is 5186 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Today I was thinking how it is the bikers we see in the 125 or 250 and motogp categories are found it's never really spoken of but how are they found?

They are grown in a secret laboratory on the dark side of the moon, 'Shine on you crazy........' :blink:

Either that or their dad has a few bob and some handy contacts, aka Leon Haslam. The younger lads like Bradly have come from race schools a bit like footballers coming from local schoolboy teams. Talent scout spots their ,well, talent and keeps an eye on them.

I see I like your laboratory idea really some of the drivers are just out of this world (no pun intended :P) I would love to ride one of their bikes though they are genius pieces of art :)

Same as F1 i guess, they start on mini motos at a young age like F1 drivers start out on go karts then just work their way up and hopefully get spotted unless your Nicky Hayden who started out doing moto x :mellow:

Same as F1 i guess, they start on mini motos at a young age like F1 drivers start out on go karts then just work their way up and hopefully get spotted unless your Nicky Hayden who started out doing moto x :mellow:

I think a lot of them still start on crossers. Its where they learn to really let the tail hang..

I guess a good moto x / trials rider would have better bike control and find tarmac simple compared to off road? Iv seen some videos of Hayden on a crf supermoto, jesus he is quick!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online