1986 fazer 700

super glide
This post is 4527 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi new to site. my name is jeff,i work part time at a friends small repair shop. iam working on a 1986 fazer 700. it was brouht in not running after sitting for along time.after installing a new battery and fresh gas the bike sarted ran for a few seconds them died,and would not restart. clasic symtoms of dirty carbs. i removed carbs took them apart and cleaned them, even though they were very clean and no jets were cloged. after reinstalling carbs bike started right up and ran great i ran it for several minutes shut it off and restarted it, i did this several times and the bike ran great each time,i thought problem solved. not so. after sitting for 24 hours i took bike outside for test ride, again it started right up and ran good. as soon as i got on bike and tried to ride away it died and would not restart. bike has spark fuel air and commpresion but will not start i have looked for any thing obvious, cheaked all wirering connections all to no avail bike will not start. i am out of ideas and not a professional mech. so any suggestions ideas or tech advise would be great bike appears to be in overal good cond and shows only 10,700 miles thanks jeff

• 1 month later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi new to site. my name is jeff,i work part time at a friends small repair shop. iam working on a 1986 fazer 700. it was brouht in not running after sitting for along time.after installing a new battery and fresh gas the bike sarted ran for a few seconds them died,and would not restart. clasic symtoms of dirty carbs. i removed carbs took them apart and cleaned them, even though they were very clean and no jets were cloged. after reinstalling carbs bike started right up and ran great i ran it for several minutes shut it off and restarted it, i did this several times and the bike ran great each time,i thought problem solved. not so. after sitting for 24 hours i took bike outside for test ride, again it started right up and ran good. as soon as i got on bike and tried to ride away it died and would not restart. bike has spark fuel air and commpresion but will not start i have looked for any thing obvious, cheaked all wirering connections all to no avail bike will not start. i am out of ideas and not a professional mech. so any suggestions ideas or tech advise would be great bike appears to be in overal good cond and shows only 10,700 miles thanks jeff

• 1 year later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online