XS400 Cafe Project - headaches

gmkieran
This post is 5158 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

If you haven't looked, MikeXS has a cafe seat for the 650, not sure how much of a difference there is between the 650 and the 750 tank.

Check it out:

http://www.mikesxs.net/products-17.html#products

looked at it today, in fact. may or may not work (there's a *lot* of difference between those two tanks, in fact) - have to check the measurements if I ever get the 750 tank installed. On that note, any chance you could give more detail on *how* you modified your frame to fit the petcocks with the 750 tank and/or attach a photo of the modded area? I spent another 4 hours tonight trying to find some combination of frame mod and petcock re-configuration that wouldn't put one or the other of the outlets dead center of the frame uprights; complete failure. Out of curiosity, did you go with the 750 petcocks or something else? I'm thinking I may get a second 400 petcock and just run 2 of those - with just a *tiny* bit more mod I can make them work, but I'd rather have the 750 petcocks if I could just get them to clear the frame (esp after the time and effort that went into obtaining the bloody things!).

Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online