79 xs 400 no gas to cylinders

hdheritage1
This post is 5065 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys, got the bike out to work on getting it started but it wont. Plugs are dry and new, cleaned banjo fitting from tank to carb that had dirt in it, nothing. dumped some gas in cylinders and it fired up. dumped gas in intake and started then backfired and started a minor fire. anyway do the carbs need cleaned or rebuilt, if so where is the best detailed info on doing this step by step. thanks for your help

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yeah sonds like your carbs need a good clean but i cant help you with a manual/step by step

yeah sonds like your carbs need a good clean but i cant help you with a manual/step by step

I think this is pretty close to xs400 but 4 carbs for xs650:

http://cycles.evanfell.com/2008/09/how-to-clean-a-motorcycle-carburetor-the-right-way/

I was gonna put some video up of taking off my 77/78 carbs so peeps can see the parts before they do it themselves, but post in the Classics forum next few days.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online