She's alive and kicking.

johnsnownw
This post is 5181 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well, I've only had her idling but she idles at 1150 rpm like a champ. No needle jumping or anything. Smooth throttle and smooth runing engines, unlike when I first picked her up. I won't know if she's really good to go without a few test rides, but at this point it's working great.

I do need to buy a new throttle cable though, any ideas on what size type I need and whether I can purchase it from MikesXS, as I'm going to purchase braided brake lines and a new Front master cylinder, one of the newer types. Thanks everyone for their help, especially Master Drewpy.

Not going to celebrate too early though, but again, thanks everyone for your help so far.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Took her out for a ride today and she runs flawlessly, all of the problems before are gone. I'll post a pic of the finished product next week when I get the last bit of aesthetic work in and put on.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this is what the old girl looks like at the moment, she could do with a bit of polishing but I think she's coming together quite well.

img1492nq.jpg

img1493e.jpg

img1494c.jpg

Thanks again everyone, for all the help you've given thus far.

damn looks realllllly good.

Looks pretty good!

I dunno mikesxs may work but I've used Motion Pro cables:

Search by your model here

I can recommend for an engine polishing: some wet-sanding any major scratches/very oxidized spots on engine, and then working at it with an aluminum polishing kit. getting between the fins is hard though... I ordered a 'razor' buff from them for that purpose and will try it out this weekend.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online