At what point does the fuel warning light come on on the XT125r?

This post is 5190 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have a feeling mine is when i have 5 litres left but never too sure this has became a problem as im trying to find out how many mpg i have done.... and I'm rather confused now as if i go on my theory that its at 5 litres left i have managed to do over 120mpg which i find hard to belive really :S

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i have a feeling mine is when i have 5 litres left but never too sure this has became a problem as im trying to find out how many mpg i have done.... and I'm rather confused now as if i go on my theory that its at 5 litres left i have managed to do over 120mpg which i find hard to belive really :S

You dont have to run the tank out to work out the mpg, just fill up to some visual reference in the tank. There may be a crease in the metal, a rust spot or the base of the filler neck. Just as long as its something you can repeat. Then go do X number of miles then re fill at the same pump to the same point.

Its what i did with my 250 and got 46mpg from steady mixed riding, pushing it took it down into the low 30's without effort. I recon a trackday would put it well into the 20's, and this is a stock bike. The problem with the reserve light is that no 2 will ever read the same, more to the point a hot bike will read different as fuel is a spirit and will expand readily with temp (which affects its density) so fill on a hot day then refill on a cold and your figures could be all wrong.

Easy enough to find out when the light comes on.

Drain the tank with the ignition on, until the light comes on, then drain the rest into a separate container and measure.

Vez

I wouldn't take any notice of when the light comes on, if it's anything like my Yams it just does as it pleases!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online