i really didn't want her to do that!

dandgb
This post is 5200 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Progress on the 'originaltwistgrip's non-runner.....

Well, On saturday a breaker near me supplied me with a complete wiring loom, Complete Instrument cluster with Ignition lock and key, headlamp, tail lamp, Left and right switch gear and twistgrip, left and right Pet cocks complete with filters,front L/H brake caliper and a few sundry items, all in good condition. £170 well spent!

Yesterday, I turned my back on the wife whilst sorting all the bits I needed to replace or clean up and when I turned back she had taken vast areas of the frame back to bare metal :o The original intention was just to remove the surface rust and then treat with a Rustconverter/primer. Looks now as if I'll have to strip it all down and do a complete frame respray - not what I needed :angry:

So what's the minimum I can take off the engine to remove it from the frame without disturbing too much of the timing etc.? Oh and I's only a little-un so will it break my back? :huh:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'd say, carbs, exhaust, prop shaft

lines/cables etc

lie the bike on the side (everythng else is taken off)

and lift the frame off the bike!

why not send it for pwder coating. triple-s in bingley is not too far and don't charge much. they blast it and cover all the threads.

here

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online