Yamaha WR 125R Speed cable. Where to get?

This post is 5185 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey, the speed cable is damaged/not working, so i need a new one.

Could you people list any sites/online shops from where i could order it? (Shops which ship internationally)

-- Or from which models would it work too, if that is possible?

I found this one

http://www.trailtech.net/800-06.html

but dont really know does it work for wr125r

==

Also to the people who visit this thread.

Do you know where i could get right side(the one with WR125 letters) sticker?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey, the speed cable is damaged/not working, so i need a new one.

Could you people list any sites/online shops from where i could order it? (Shops which ship internationally)

-- Or from which models would it work too, if that is possible?

I found this one

http://www.trailtech.net/800-06.html

but dont really know does it work for wr125r

==

Also to the people who visit this thread.

Do you know where i could get right side(the one with WR125 letters) sticker?

get in touch with tamworth yamaha? or a yamaha retail shop near you?

Depends - Your profile is blank, so we don't know where you are to begin with.

Generally, any parts shop should be able to get what you want. Many will ship internationally, but it will cost some.

Yes, i know my profile is empty.. Sorry for that, registered few days ago as you see, just because i saw here`s some good info and also in case i get any questions to ask.

Im from Latvia, so that`s why i need that they ship internationally.

Well my dad was to one motorcycle shop, they said that the hub itself costs like 120$, rim costs like 180-190$.

Dont know is it a ''good price'' for such part, but it seems a lot for such part.

--

About the speedo cable. I found it works, but the rim isnt the original one, that`s why it doesnt work.

So that`s why im seeking hub/rim now.

I cant see why having different hubs and rims would make a difference?

Has it worked since you've owned it?

I cant see why having different hubs and rims would make a difference?

Has it worked since you've owned it?

Hey thanks for asking.

Well it was already that way when i bought it.

I and dad checked the speedo, it`s all fine with it, because when turned, it showed speed on speedometer.

It doesnt work because there needs to be little metal pieces('hooks') that connects the hub/rim with the speedo. In result, if there are these metal pieces, when the wheel is spinning, speedo also spins and is able to show the speed. The problem is that rim/hub which is on have them on opposite side(if i remember correctly) or they are broken.

Sorry, if i have made any mistakes in explanation or if im wrong because there could be other guys who, perhaps, know better why it doesnt work.

Oh and yea i hope you can understand what i said, since english is my second language and it`s a big chance im going to make incorrect sentences.

===

So do you know where i could order all front wheel or the hub?

I have found yzr 2003 front wheel, it also has the speedo on the right side, but i have doubts about it because i dont know will it work.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online