Dragstar XVS 125 Solenoid Problem?!?

notmuchhair
This post is 5198 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm in a dilemma and could do with some opinions...

My Dragstar was running perfectly but then the electric start failed and just clicked. Once this happened the bike could be bump started so I continued to use it. After a week the bike now completely refuses to start. I've changed the plugs, checked the battery (with ignition on, all electrical features work normally), and checked the voltage regulator.

If I try to bumpstart now, the bike turns maybe once or twice and then dies again. The electronic start still produces just a click and nothing more.

I am led to believe that this is my starter solenoid that has gone but I would like some confirmation if possible?!

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Matt

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

iv had a similar problem and found that it was the connections to the battery wernt on properly have you checked that all the bolts are tight? or your fuses?

if you have and it still refuses to work iv got a solenoid that i could sell you :D iv got an 04 xvs 125 that im re-building as it broke after 4 years (from brand new) and have loads of parts im trying to sell to fund the new project, if you take a look on the customs part of the forum ul see it (xvs 125 bobber) basically what you see on the photo is what im using so everything else needs to be sold lol

but yeah if your interested give me a bell.

hope its just a loose bolt m8 :D

.Paul.

ok m8 well my e-mail adress is in my profile plus you can pm me if you need to hope you get it sorted :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online