wr426 engine fault

dave426
This post is 5200 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi i have a 2002 wr 426 with water in oil, does anyone know of a common fault like water pump seals etc, dont think its as major as head gasket because bike still runs good doesn't smoke and cooling system not pressurising, any ideas? cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi i have a 2002 wr 426 with water in oil, does anyone know of a common fault like water pump seals etc, dont think its as major as head gasket because bike still runs good doesn't smoke and cooling system not pressurising, any ideas? cheers

How much oil?

All engines will get condensation especially on short journeys early in the morning or cold weather.

IF that is what it is just take the bike for a good blast once a week.

well the engine must have taken all the coolant into the engine oil because i drained out a big quantity of milky oil, the cooling system was empty after about a 5 hour ride, thanks for your reply, any other suggestions?

well the engine must have taken all the coolant into the engine oil because i drained out a big quantity of milky oil, the cooling system was empty after about a 5 hour ride, thanks for your reply, any other suggestions?