Yamaha YBR 125, Suffering the heat ?

Kunkfumikey
This post is 5123 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys,

My names mike, a L plater on a YBR 125 in southampton,

in the last week, my bike has failed to start 4 or 5 times now. every single time, is when the bike is sitting in direct sunlight, i have to wheel the bike in the shade (if there is any) wait for it to cool completely down before i can start the bike. ive asked a few bike nuts, and they have all said, "Fuel evaporating from the carb"

is there any bikers on here suffering the same thing, if so how can i solve it, ive got my local yammy dealer picking the bike up tuesday. but im going to a motorbike show on sunday and dont want to risk the bike failing on me.

any help would be great,

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i havent heard of the fuel evaporating but it is possible i suppose, i think (but dont hold me to it!) that it could be that the sun is heating up the barrel on the engine causing it to expand but not the piston so its creating a gap between the inside of the barrel and the piston causing it not to start. but best get the dealer to take a look

easyest solution get a bike cover for it :D

i havent heard of the fuel evaporating but it is possible i suppose, i think (but dont hold me to it!) that it could be that the sun is heating up the barrel on the engine causing it to expand but not the piston so its creating a gap between the inside of the barrel and the piston causing it not to start. but best get the dealer to take a look

easyest solution get a bike cover for it :D

already tried the bike cover, and now luck, think it made it worst to be honest

already tried the bike cover, and now luck, think it made it worst to be honest

shame m8 best take it to the dealers to sort out cause it shouldnt be doing that.

Really dont think it could be suffering from heat.

There is an underlying problem starting with it.

Are all the carb settings good.

Correct plug/ heat range

EDIT: fuel cap isn't blocked or something like that. Start with all the simple stuff first. Does it runn propper when you finaly get her going?

EDIT 2: sorry its a fuel injected isnt it. Try all the silly stuff like air filter, etc. blow out your fuel cap venting or even better try to start it with the fuel cap off, see what happens.

me advise is a little short as im having a few bottles of brew.

Hey. I had this problem only once. The electric starter wouldn't crank the engine when I left it (coverless) in the back garden all day.

The only way I got it to work was to kickstart it. Once the engine had been idling for around 10 seconds, I turned it off and tried the electric starter again. That seemed to have solved it. Maybe give it a try?

Tom

Hey. I had this problem only once. The electric starter wouldn't crank the engine when I left it (coverless) in the back garden all day.

The only way I got it to work was to kickstart it. Once the engine had been idling for around 10 seconds, I turned it off and tried the electric starter again. That seemed to have solved it. Maybe give it a try?

Tom

The bike will have a couple of temp sensors on it for the FI to calculate the amount of fuel for the engine, it may be that in the direct sun one of the sensors is getting out of its comfort zone and the bike wont start as part of its euro cratic tree hugging emmision limits. Or the sensor is a bit squiffy anyway.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online