theoriginaltwistgrip signs up

dandgb
This post is 5203 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Folks - my nickname of 'twistgrip' was given to me by my RAF mates way back in the early sixties when I was riding Matchboxes and REs and has stuck with me ever since.

It ame about when I had the slogan 'Twistgrips rule forever' painted on the back of my helmets.

Anyhoo, I've just purchase a couple of 750 triples - one is a decent runner, although the previous owner ripped out the Instrument cluster and replaced it with a lashed up panel and a tiny speedo!

T'other was described as a rolling chassis, but turned out to be a complete 750SE with a very butchered Wiring loom and missing all the handlebar controls and the lefthand front brake caliper.

Both should keep me busy over the next few months - good job I retire in the middle of August.

I do feel that I'll need plenty of help in restoring the second one. Can't start it obviously, but compression feels good.

I don't seem to be able to show my Picasa album shots of both bikes on here, so here's the direct links.

http://tinyurl.com/346rbyo - this is the runner

http://tinyurl.com/2vnbgwp - and this one don't!

Regards

David

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

A-OOP :welcome: david

good intro!

I like the triples especially the grey ones.

electrics are the bugbear of the triples.

Lots of the xs and rd range parts bins will cross over, just need to do a visual check. I have xs1100 brakes on mine, sounds good, but they are exactly the same as a 400 :mellow: just the extra disk fitted and larger bore Master cylinder.

SR calipers are the same and live on the left hand side while xs400/250 are on the right ( inc carrier)

drewps

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online