Winter Gloves

DTGordo
This post is 5182 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Getting cold here now and I've been looking for a good pair of winter gloves with no success. My main problem is that my hand is too big. I read a few posts on the the forum and looked at Weise gloves online. On their sizing I'm a 5XL and their only glove in that size is the "City Glove". At what looks a pretty good price inc. postage to Australia it's tempting. Any thoughts on this appreciated as I don't think Weise is available anywhere here. Anyone with big hands who rides in the snow?

Thanks

Gordo

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not sure about large gloves, i have seen some that attach to the handle bars that look quite warm, just can't find a link to any.

Why not try some heated grips? http://www.racecans4u.com/oxford-hotgrips-heated-motorcycle-grips---free-pp-82-p.asp

Vez.

Heated grips are comparatively crap, TBH.

I find that if it's cold enough for those then the rest of you will freeze, while only your palms stay toasty. Even the backs of your hands will feel it!

Last time I bothered using mine, the standing temperature was -7°C. Add in 80mph wind chill and they were fecking useless!

If you're riding in proper cold, heated and/or layered clothing is a far better option.

I have some Weisse winter gloves. Not sure what size.

However, while they are probably only an XL, my Hein Gericke ones are XXXL.

It seems trying them on is about the only realistic way of finding the best fit.

That said, my Weisse ones are 100% waterproof and do keep a decent amount of cold at bay. I'm on a bike with no fairing whatsoever, as well!

Thanks for that,

Not too interested in heated grips so will persist with the gloves. Starting to get cold now with -5ish early for the next 6 weeks or so. Enjoy the summer.....

Thanks for that,

Not too interested in heated grips so will persist with the gloves. Starting to get cold now with -5ish early for the next 6 weeks or so. Enjoy the summer.....

Found a link to the other glove type things i mentioned (MUFFS), look warm enough.

http://www.adrenalin-pedstop.co.uk/p/OXFORD-DELUXE-MUFFS-3087.aspx

Vez.

and here's me trying to get rid of my winter gloves because they're too thick/warm... I've just been out today and bought a nice pair of leather summer gloves for 20 quid, bargain.

Biggest problem I've found with the really thick, really warm gloves is your fingers rub together and don't move as easily, you also lose the sense of touch so simple things like turning the indicators off and on become more of a challenge. That said numb frozen fingers aren't much good either!

• 2 weeks later...

i,like many others on here, have tried many different types of gloves and found the spada enforcers to be the warmest for me,i have large hands and they fit me snug.i also have been told i have a large xxxxx... no we wont go there,just try the spadas they are around £30 - £45,i bought mine from raceleathers in darwin for £38.

Heated Grips work great WITH hand guards. Id recomend them, at least you have more feel for the controls.

Thanks all,

I must admit I'm starting to like the idea of heated grips but will probably take a while to get around to that. Any problems wiring them up on a '74 DT? It looks like they don't have much power running around the circuits as it is.

Got my 5XL wiese gloves in the mail Monday. Yay. Heading up into the mountains on Friday. Weather's been filthy with snow around so I'll see how I go.

Gordo

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online