1986FZX700 clutch tranyy ?

midleagemeyham
This post is 5204 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HELP I just purchased a fzx700 1986 the only thing wrong with her is a clutch fluid leak. I assume that air is in the system and if so will that stop the tranny from going into gear. It sounds like the tranny is going into gear the nutral light goes out but it does not move you can push the bike as if it is not in gear. HELP does anybody know whats up. Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

HELP I just purchased a fzx700 1986 the only thing wrong with her is a clutch fluid leak. I assume that air is in the system and if so will that stop the tranny from going into gear. It sounds like the tranny is going into gear the nutral light goes out but it does not move you can push the bike as if it is not in gear. HELP does anybody know whats up. Thanks

Just been through all this myself.

As the FZX is a hydraulic clutch it will def cause you issues if there is air in the line.

find out where its leaking first and address that. I had to rebuild both the master and slave cylinders. kits are cheap and not too difficult to do.

On these bikes its common for the bleed nipple to leak over time (put teflon tape around it, on the thread only, dont block it, and dont over tighten!) if it looks damaged at the base, then buy a new one.

Bleed the line thoroughly and you should feel a good resistance on the lever.

Has the bike been sitting for a while? - It maybe that the clutch plates are stuck together.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online