Dt125r brake pads

mathew
This post is 5205 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi this is the first time I Have posted a message so please excuse my bad manners lol. I have bought a dt125r off a friend in a state of disrepair to be polite! It was in so many pieces when I picked it up I had no trouble fitting it in the back of my micra.

I've got most if it back together and I've had it running. When I started on the brakes I suddenly hit a brick wall. And that brings me to my question :

How do I remove the front brake pads without destroying the metal clips that hold it in place? The caliper is off the bike and there is a little movement pads. I have removed the only bolt that I can see holding the two halves together

I will add some pics when I have figured it out

my other bike is a 600 diversion that I maintain myself so I am alright at most stuff but by no means a mechanic

Thanks in advance

Mat

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:

How do I remove the front brake pads without destroying the metal clips that hold it in place? The caliper is off the bike and there is a little movement pads. I have removed the only bolt that I can see holding the two halves together

Mat

Failte Mat to the YOC. B)

What do you mean by your question? Are the metal clips (anti rattle shims) very rusted or something?

They just pop out.

Welcome to the Forums Mat.

I am going to presume you mean the 2 metal clips at each end of the pads in the red circled area in the pic ( the front brake is a similar layout)

bikepics1589598800.jpg

The pads should come out sideways (or towards the camera in the pic) and need quite alot of encouragement sometimes, try and lever one end of the pad out first. The clips do bend sometimes but can be bent back again relatively easy.

If you don't mean these clips then meh, i was bored and took a punt.

As for posting pictures try the FAQ section of the forum or watch my vid http://www.youtube.c...h?v=TniqowlXgbw

HTH

Vez

Thanks for all your replies. I have sorted it now, I couldn't seperate the caliper because of the years of grime that has built up. The guy I bought it off said the brakes had never really worked properley. I know why now lol.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online