What are they called and where can I buy them?!

anty
This post is 5202 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there anyone. I have a problem and wonder if some one can solve it?! I have a Yamaha XS1100 - X reg and have been told that I need to replace the seals or hoses (I think they are called this) and don't know exactly what they are called or where to buy them from after hours of trailing the internet! The seals / hoses I am talking about are what run from the cylinder head and carb - four of them. Can anyone tell me what they are called and where to buy new ones please? Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there anyone. I have a problem and wonder if some one can solve it?! I have a Yamaha XS1100 - X reg and have been told that I need to replace the seals or hoses (I think they are called this) and don't know exactly what they are called or where to buy them from after hours of trailing the internet! The seals / hoses I am talking about are what run from the cylinder head and carb - four of them. Can anyone tell me what they are called and where to buy new ones please? Thanks.

PSSSSST, you might want to try again in the workshop section and introduce yourself.

Carb Manifolds?

Whatever they are, they should be available from any parts shop that stocks Yamaha parts.

Blimey! Even Bitzforbikes can't call them manifolds, they go with the snappy "Carb to Head Rubbers" - Click Me . Whereas WEMoto have an even longer title, presumably to justify a higher price! More Clickage.

You're welcome

Carb Manifolds?

Whatever they are, they should be available from any parts shop that stocks Yamaha parts.

Thanks, that solves my problem! Next question - are they difficult to fit by a complete novice?!

Complete novice - Yes.

Relative novice.... Not so bad.

I did mine and although it was a bit fiddly, I had no real problems.

If you have changed your own oil, filters, plugs, brakes, taken the tank off and little bits like that, then you probably have enough smarts and sensibility to manage this easy enough.

But get a manual, just to be safe.

I still refer to mine, to make sure I don't miss the silly little things!!

Complete novice - Yes.

Relative novice.... Not so bad.

I did mine and although it was a bit fiddly, I had no real problems.

If you have changed your own oil, filters, plugs, brakes, taken the tank off and little bits like that, then you probably have enough smarts and sensibility to manage this easy enough.

But get a manual, just to be safe.

I still refer to mine, to make sure I don't miss the silly little things!!

Ok, great thanks - might give that a go if feeling brave one weekend soon!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online