o2 sensor plugs

Mossy
This post is 5023 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can any one tell me a part No. or make/model for the 4 pole plug & socket used to connect the O2 sensor to the loom on a XVS1300?

I want to build the part for the sensor mod but cant find the connectors (825 ohmn resistor in the ground wire, white one)

Thanks...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

For anyone else who wants to make one, you can find the instructions here: http://vstar1300.pbworks.com/Jack%27s+O2+Mod

Ashamed to say I bought mine from Alchemy bikes for the much over priced £70!!!! :icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_redface: Was told by Roy @ Alchemy that it cost so much as he had to pay the guy [Jack] to research and develop the mod. When I got it I couldn't believe how small it was. If it had been £30 I could have lived with it, even though it'll only cost about £10 max to make... now feel like my wallet was raped!

Since then I discovered the above and found out Jack posts on many US forums + is happy for anyone to make these. Jack also sells them in the US for $50. He used to ship to Europe, but he got a EU supplier [good for him] so can't ship now.

I'd advise anyone wanting one of these to make them as it's only 4 wires, a resistor and two connectors...

Oh, as for a review, the O2 sensor certainly helps somewhat with surging at low speeds - can just about hold 30mph in 3rd and doesn't lug as much. However having read further on US forums to sort it out properly you'll need to change the air filter and ECU (they also suggest drilling the stock exhaust or replacing completely) - if you want to buy any of these I'd strongly suggest importing from the US as you'll save a fortune over buying from anyone in the UK!

Mossy, if you do discover the correct part please share the wealth so no-one else gets bent over for an unneccessary £70!

I have sent photos of both parts of the connector to both of the companies listed above, lets see if they can I dentify them. If so Ill post a parts list and suppliers parts No.s

Socket1.jpg

Plug1.jpg

O2plug.jpg

Try looking for ecu or fuel injection plugs. Thats not a Yamaha only item, cost them too much to design and develop a one-off plug.

• 1 month later...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online