Need float needles (or assemblys) for XS360 1U4

termtheworm
This post is 5204 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I've been unable to find a supplier that lists both my XS360 1U4 model and the float needles I need.

Desperate, I decided that I'd chance it with carbscapital.com.. but the AVS failed, as I was required to

supply a 'state/province'. We've got no such thing in Denmark.

Alas, can anyone in here help my out? I've got my eye on part# 168-14190-20(00) but I've yet to see a

parts list, so any input would be welcome. It's the original BS34 (type 1) carbs.

On an aside: Is there any chance that I can get away with mounting pod-airfilters or would that require

some further mumbo-jumbo (like rejetting or whatever)? They are much easier to come by than the originals..

Cheers,

Per.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

I've been unable to find a supplier that lists both my XS360 1U4 model and the float needles I need.

Desperate, I decided that I'd chance it with carbscapital.com.. but the AVS failed, as I was required to

supply a 'state/province'. We've got no such thing in Denmark.

Alas, can anyone in here help my out? I've got my eye on part# 168-14190-20(00) but I've yet to see a

parts list, so any input would be welcome. It's the original BS34 (type 1) carbs.

On an aside: Is there any chance that I can get away with mounting pod-airfilters or would that require

some further mumbo-jumbo (like rejetting or whatever)? They are much easier to come by than the originals..

Cheers,

Per.

You can get BS34 parts here:

The parts for the carbs should be interchangeable.

You can get BS34 parts here:

The parts for the carbs should be interchangeable.

Thx, nice site, but it's still going to be a shoot in the dark - here's why: The valve seat that should fit the 1980+ 650s

(they supposedly went from BS38 to BS34 that year) is push type; mine is threaded. If I crossreference with oldbikebarn.com

theres no seats listed for the 360 and the float needles listed for the 650 is clip type. And while oldbikebarn has needles

for the 360, they haven't got the seats. I've been back and forth between those sites, cmsnl.com and 'XS Part number finder'

and is now settling for the Valve and seat ASY# 1J7-14190-20-00.

When I retire this bike I'm going to make sure the next one is a model with well-documented parts (publicly avaliable

lists) and that I'll be able to actually find the parts for it - it's been a bl**dy nightmare! I might even consider a - *GASP!* - Güllepumpe!

;)

Per

Here's a crazy idea- send an email to carbscapital.com to see if there is a way around the ordering issue (should work with any other seller too). You might use the occasion of the e-mail exchange to ensure you are getting the right part.

Here's a crazy idea- send an email to carbscapital.com to see if there is a way around the ordering issue (should work with any other seller too). You might use the occasion of the e-mail exchange to ensure you are getting the right part.

Did I detect a hint of sarcasm? Well... allright. ;) I did (eventually) write them and there is an uncomplicated workaround. In the meantime though, I'd found (reasonably priced) suppliers on the 'inside' of the EU, which means I don't risk my goods get picked out by the Danish Custom Authorities and taxed beyond the price a national reseller would expect - and probably adding several weeks of red tape. :blink:

Thanks,

Per.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online