Finally back with a Yamaha

Mike69
This post is 5208 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone, my name is Michael (no surprises there) I live in Northumberland, so I'm fairly spoiled for great riding roads and green lanes. I've been riding since the age of 15, both on road and off.

I started with a Yam FS1SE 50cc 'Chicken Bike' :unsure: moved up to a YB100 before passing my test on a borrowed RD80LC. After briefly owning a Suzuki X7 (monoshocked with a RD350LC rear end and then an RD350LC engine!) I eventually saw sense and acquired a brace of genuine 350 Elsies :D Absolutely fantastic bikes that introduced me to truly quick riding. An old friend of mine still has his from all those years ago, but I have thus far been disciplined enough not to ride it. I would really hate the experience to be disappointing, as I fear it would be :o

Anyway, lots of water under the bridge and a few other bikes later, I've returned to the Yamaha fold with the purchase of an XT600E. I collected it on Friday from about 60 miles away, after riding most of the 60 miles home, she cut out and refused to re-start. After a long push home, which reminded me of my teenage years and lack of funds for petrol, the problem was traced to some bad connections in the wiring harness from battery to rectifier, which had resulted in zero charge. After sorting that, and achieving a solid 14volts to the battery on tickover, I decided to go for a ride out. Feeling very proud of myself, I backed out of the garage and pulled in the clutch to engage first gear. The clutch cable then snapped clean in two at the lever! :icon_eek:

I really hope that the rest of my ownership won't be following the precedent of the first 24 hours!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ahh, them were the daze :lol: , good green garden string takes care of the clutch, mole grips make great gear selectors B)

Thanks fellas! Yes, The trials are all part of the experience. I'll save you the tales of bread bags stretched over my FS1SE cylinder head to keep the water off the spark plug whilst travelling to and from my apprenticeship placement! :ph34r:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online